Already on 9.5. the restaurateurs and hoteliers are allowed to open again in some parts of Germany. What a hopeful message. This is a controlled opening with massive restrictions and conditions in a corridor from 9 to 22 May. Tourist overnight stays will be allowed again at the end of May. Catering establishments must comply with all hygiene and distance regulations and of course protect their employees. There are many questions regarding the detailed implementation. The related ‘Bundesländer’ regulations must be used as guidelines. We aim to provide you with the necessary answers as soon as possible.
You probably can’t wait to finally open the doors again. But now is the time to continue communicating online with your guests. In the last few weeks, you have been able to use your online activities to keep your guests up to date and to take orders for your delivery service. We suggest you continue to offer this service and even expand it. Because nobody knows if a second wave of infection will shut down your business again.
Use digitalisation measures for a successful restart of your business
Despite all the euphoria about the reopening, better keep on focussing on your online activities. These measures are now important:
- Communicate on your homepage the date of the reopening: "We look forward to your visit". On this occasion also update the opening hours and menus, if necessary.
- Continue offering your pick-up or delivery service: Just as it has partly saved your business over the last few weeks, it could now help to compensate for losing revenue due to reduced seating capacity. Set up an order service as an additional revenue stream.
- Let your guests continue to order directly online: In our homepage service you activate this ordering function with a few clicks. You will receive the orders directly via e-mail.
- Increase your online visibility on Google Maps: Win new customers for your services. With our free web listing tool, you create a Google Maps entry, upload photos and answer customer reviews. From now on, our web listing tool allows you to upload photos of your restaurant to your Google profile and thus improve your search engine ranking.
- Offer online reservations: With the new rules, you will most likely have less seating capacity. Our free online reservation tool features all functions to efficiently manage tables. You create tables plans and seats for different areas, set up reservation time slots and group sizes, and automate your email customer communications. Integrate the reservation tool directly into your website, your Google account and Facebook page. This also saves your commissions on reservation portals.
We wish you a successful restart of your business. Our online tools help you make your business more crisis-proof.